Monday, September 17, 2012

TOOLS: Ring Roller

In another installment of "things I did the hard way then found out there was a tool for," I present to you this: The Ring Roller


I recently decided to start making a custom headlight bucket bracket out of flat stock to match the fender I just made. I sketched up an idea where the flat stock would follow the curve of the bucket, around back, then mount to the lower triple clamp.


I bent and matched the 2 arms using a combination of my hydraulic push pipe bender and a sheet metal brake (took forever to match them.) I then quickly mocked it into place...


...and kind of hated how it looked so I scrapped it. ANYWAYS, moral of the story is I could have whipped this up much quicker using the above Ring Roller.

Check this out:


1 comment:

  1. Looks a lot like a fret bender some folks use to roll their frets for guitar fingerboards. I bet you could make something similar with the right bearings.
    you can search for DIY Fret Benders, here's one...

    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/288096-my-diy-fretbender.html

    ReplyDelete